Wednesday 20 July 2011

CHINESE DRY ASSORTED VEGETABLES WITH STIR FRY VERMICELLI

My English-ex liked Chinese food, because of me perhaps. She rather had noodles or even egg fried rice then white boiled rice, because of the taste(she claimed white rice taste nothing). I know she preferred noodles so I tried to make her the dish as much as I could. Thus, she is a pescetarian and loves seafood a lot.

I used to cook her vegetarian vermicelli. She loved it a lot as far as I can tell. Few days ago, I was cleaning up my kitchen and found a pack of Chinese assorted vegetable packet, which I had bought long time ago just for her.Well, it has been a while and I was thinking there is no point of me to keeping it any more now. I don't want to throw it away as it is a real delicacy where it seldom be found in any Chinese supermarket. The taste is very authentic as that was what my mum used to cook for me when I was young during some certain occasions. I think that was why I bought this pack, hopefully to share with my ex, but there will be no longer the chance to do so now.


The memorial packs

Ingredients:-

  • Dried Assorted Vegetables Pack - Black Moss, Dried Lily Flowers, Dried Bean Curd, Chinese Mushroom, Dried Black Fungus, Dried White Nuts and Red Dates.
  • Add a personal touch of slice baby corns and mange touts
  • half of clove of chopped garlic
  • slices of gingers
  • Vermicelli, half the pack
  • 5 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoon of light soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoon vinegar
  • 2 teaspoon of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
  • dash of black pepper
  • dash of cornstarch
  • slice of tomatoes to garnish

Soak everything together until soften

After.
Preparations:-
  • Soaked the dry vegetables (besides the black moss, as it will break off and separate like dust) for an hour until it is soften. Drain the water. Slice the dry bean curb, mushroom and black fungus.
  • Break off the shell of dried white but, slice into half and dig out the bits in the middle of the fresh.
  • Boiled a kettle water, poured in on the vermicelli, until soft (estimate around 10 minutes maximum). Drain the water and set loosing it on a large bowl or plate for it to cold down.
Stir fry vermicelli

Add in the dry assorted vegetables
Directions:-
  • Heat up the wok, drizzle olive oil and when it's smoky hot, add garlic and stir fry until fragrance. Add in vermicelli. Stir it. Add in dark soy sauce, dash of soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and vinegar. Stir fry the vermicelli until the colours are even. Add in some water to prevent the bottom of the wok to burn.
  • Transfer it to a plate cooling it down.
  • On the other wok, heat it up again, add in the remaining of the garlic and ginger. Stir until fragrance. Add in lily flowers and mushroom. stir fry for a minute and add in bean curb, white nuts and black fungus. Step by step for the ingredients which is slow to cook first to easily done. Add in baby corns, mange tout and red dates. At last, in the black moss. Stir it vigorously, add in the soy sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper and a bit of water with the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.  
  • Top up on the vermicelli and garnish with tomatoes.


4 comments:

  1. i dun like this blog!!!! Because u just cook for her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna eat seafood!!!! Emm....and something with mushroom & tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for writing this! i bought this exact item from a store, but had no idea how to prepare it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the very same packet of assorted vegetable mix and needed guidance on how to cook it all. Thank you very much for the info :D can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete